Dossiers autres modèles

Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi
  • Page :

SUJET :

New propeller for my 1040 25 Avr 2017 07:32 #1145

• Sean Nicholson
  • Portrait de Sean Nicholson Auteur du sujet
Please can anyone help. My boat is coming out of the water this week as I need to change my badly worn Radice folding prop. I want a fixed prop as I've only had bad experience with folding props. Can someone with a 1040 give me some guidance. I do a lot of motoring and am mostly single handed. What size and pitch do you have and what make of propeller. Thank you for your comments.
Sean

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 11:49 #1146

On my Feeling 10.90, powered with Volvió 2003 (28hp) I had a fix propeller of 17 x 12 left hand. 2 blades. At 2800 rpm gets a speed of 6,5 knots, hull and propeller clean.
I think that it would be better a 3 blades propeller.
Best regards

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 12:33 #1147

Hi Sean,
those links may be of interest for you:
www.alberg30.org/maintenance/MechanicalP...opeller/propcalc.xls
fr.scribd.com/doc/32231281/Propeller-Handbook
Anyway, thanks to the other owner's contributions, it will be nice to have the standard for our F1040.
Cheers

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 15:21 #1148

• Sean Nicholson
Thank you for the information. Can I ask if the 17" two blade fixed prop is ok for vibration and going astern and stopping the boat. My boat is out of the water tomorrow and I have to decide. Is a Michigan sailor 3 blade really going to cause a lot of noticeable drag?
I love my boat and the way it sails in light winds but I dont mind losing a half a knot if I can get quiet and strong motoring.
Please any advice
Regards
Sean

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 15:22 #1149

• Sean Nicholson
Gerard, Which make prop do you have, and are you pleased.

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 15:49 #1150

nnseany écrit: Thank you for the information. Can I ask if the 17" two blade fixed prop is ok for vibration and going astern and stopping the boat. My boat is out of the water tomorrow and I have to decide. Is a Michigan sailor 3 blade really going to cause a lot of noticeable drag?
I love my boat and the way it sails in light winds but I dont mind losing a half a knot if I can get quiet and strong motoring.
Please any advice
Regards
Sean

No problems for maneuvre, I like to maneuvre in port at very low speed and the propeller is enought. i think that a 3 blades maybe will be better for cruiser. I usually sail at 1800-2000 rpm, getting a speed of 4-5 knots.i think is a low speed for this engine.
Vibration? My engine vibrate a little bite when rpm is less than 1000 rpm. Also between 2300-2400 vibrates a lot and is better to increase rpm fast from 2300 to 2500 rpm and not mantain cruises in those rpms.
Best regards

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 15:59 #1151

Sean, in fact on my F1090, I replaced a Radice folding prop, with a MaxProp folding prop, as described in this page: www.clubfeeling1090.fr/moteur/equipement...nt-helice#comment-21
So, I have no personal experience on a fixed propeller. However, I have asked France Helice to provide us with quote and features for a fixed prop for our boats. Coming soon, I hope.
I do like my 2 fold MaxProp, as it is efficient forward and backward, and under sails of course.

New propeller for my 1040 26 Avr 2017 19:41 #1152

• Sean Nicholson
Thank you. That's very helpful. I think I'll go with a two blade fixed Michigan sailor 2. Thank you for all your help
Sean

New propeller for my 1040 27 Avr 2017 12:35 #1153

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

It looks like there are a lot of parameters to document, for choosing a propeller ! Please refer to the attached pdf file.
Pièces jointes :

New propeller for my 1040 29 Avr 2017 07:42 #1162

• Sean Nicholson
OK so it turns out that the propeller that I need to replace is 16 x 12 Radice 2 blade folding. This was under propped and very badly worn gears and pins. Lake engineering www.lakesterngear.co.uk/ made a full calculation and it turns out that I require 17 x 12 LH.
they had in stock new blades pins and screws to fit to the original boss which was in good condition. All this for £490. The new blades will be fitted on the boat next Wednesday and I'm sure I will be happy.
Thank you all for your kind help.
Sean

New propeller for my 1040 05 Mai 2017 19:37 #1176

I also want to attract your attention to this document, coming out from the boatyard, about Feeling models, engine specs, and propeller specs:
www.clubfeeling1090.fr/meca-specs-b

• Page :
Modérateurs: GERARD